From India News Network (INN)
New Delhi, May 17: The All India Indo-Korean Friendship Association expresses its deep regret at the manner in which the US administration has systematically attempted to destroy the world-wide support that the DPRK and South Korea had accomplished through the Panmunjon Declaration for Peace, Prosperity, and reunification of the Korean Peninsula after talks were held between Kim Jong Un, Chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the DPRK and Moon Jae In President of the Republic of Korea at the House of Peace at Panmunjon on April 27, 2018.
1. The North and the South welcomed the re-establishment of “the severed blood vessel of the nation” and the possibility of speeding up of the process of co-prosperity and independent reunification of the nation through the effort of both the North and South. This was to be accomplished with continuing talks and implementation of inter Korean declarations and agreements already adopted.
2. The North and South agreed to hold high level talks and negations in all fields at an early date to carry the process forward.
3. The North and South agreed to set up a North-South joint liaison office permanently stationed by the authorities of both sides in the Kaesong area so as to keep close contact between them and ensure smooth nongovernmental exchanges and cooperation.
4. The North and the South agreed to reenergize many-sided cooperation, exchanges, visits and contact of all social strata. They agreed to boost the atmosphere of reconciliation and cooperation at home by positively promoting joint events of the nation involving the authorities, parliaments, political parties, local autonomous and nongovernmental organizations and all other social strata to mark significant anniversaries common to both sides, including June 15, and to demonstrate to the whole world the resourcefulness, talents and united appearance of the nation abroad by jointly entering international games including the 2018 Asian Games.
5. The North and the South agreed to strive for an immediate settlement of humanitarian issues caused by national division and open inter-Korean Red Cross talks in order to discuss and resolve various issues including the reunion of separated families and their relatives. They also agreed to push a ahead with projects agreed upon in the October 4 declaration to ensure balance development of the national economy practical measures for re-linking , upgrading and exploiting the railway lines and roads on the East and West coasts of Korea.
Apart from these measures the North and South agreed to completely discontinue all hostile acts against each other, which are the source of military tension and conflict on the ground, in the sea and air. They agreed to stop loudspeaker broadcasting, leaflets catering and all other hostile acts along The Military Demarcation Line from May 1 and turn the de-militarized zone in to a peace zone as also the West sea, preventing clashes of fishing vessels etc.
They agreed to a series of military security measures for revitalizing mutual cooperation, exchanges, visits and contacts and to hold frequent talks of military authorities including Ministers and Generals to resolve issues arising between both sides. They also agreed to set up a non-aggression agreement on the non-use of any type of armed force against each other. They agreed to reduce armaments by stages in accordance with the easing of military tension and the substantial building of mutual military confidence.
They further agreed to push ahead with holding of three-party talks involving the North, the South and the US, or four-party talks embracing the North, the South, China and the US to declare the termination of war, replace the armistice agreement with a peace pact and establish a permanent and lasting peace mechanism in this year. They affirmed also the common goal to make the Korean Peninsula nuclear-free through its complete denuclearization. These agreements were welcomed the world over.
Unfortunately the US viciously slandered DPRK on the human rights issue in April and May while at the same time ignoring the role of the DPRK in improving the condition of life, education, health and security of the Korean people. That these attacks had an ulterior motive which revealed itself in a large scale air combat drill throughout South Korea since May 11 in a bid to make a preemptive air strike at the DPRK and win the air.
Involved in the drill are more than 100 fighters of various missions including B-52 strategic nuclear bombers and F-22 Raptor stealth fighters of the US forces. The drill is to last till May 25, under the supervision of the US imperialist aggressor forces in South Korea and the South Korean air force. This is an undisguised challenge to the Panmunjon Declaration and a deliberate military provocation to the trend of the favourably developing situation on the Korean Peninsula.
The Panmunjon Declaration cannot be implemented by the efforts of a single party, and it can result in a good fruition only when the two parties create favourable conditions and climate by pooling their efforts. For the movement, the DPRK has stated that “we cannot but take a step of suspending the North-South high-level talks scheduled on May 16 under the awful situation that a reckless North-targeted war and confrontation racket is being kicked up in South Korea”. The US will have to think twice about the fate of the DPRK-US summit now a high agenda in light of the provocative military racket against the DPRK in league with the South Korean authorities.
This is to be seen in the growing attacks on the DPRK by State Secretary Bolton, responsible for much destructive activity in West Asia despite visits by other high ranking US officials. The belief that peace can be assured by indulging in terrorist activity in other countries and sanctions that affect the lives and livelihoods of the people is totally misplaced. Therefore, the All India Indo-Korean Friendship Association condemns these hostile acts against humanity and urges the USA, the South Koreans and their allies to stop this negative activity and ensure that the peace process begun in the Korean peninsula is allowed to develop along its natural path. This will be a cause of hope, humanity and joy not only in Korea but also in the world.
We appeal to all the peace loving people of India and the world to stand by the efforts of the DPRK and ensure that the process of peace already begun by the North and South in Korea is carried forward as planned to the success it deserves.
Com.Atul Kumar Anjan (President) Capt.Praveen Davar, Com. Hari Singh Kang(Vice Presidents) Suneet Chopra(General Secretary), G. Devarajan, D.P. Tripathy, Vijay Jolly (Secretaries )